Sunday, May 24, 2009

After 4 days of bed rest I was just itching to get out. knowing I was real weak, I opted out of the regular Saturday group ride and drove up to red lodge to ride the beartooth hwy instead. It was the first weekend of the pass being open all the way through. The first half wasn't too bad but when the switchbacks started I really felt the mono legs kicking in. As I rested a bit at vista pt, I was just about convinced that this was enough for today when a few folks encouraged me on. Another couple of miles and again I was tempted to turn back down, but again someone in a car would give me a thumbs up and say " you the man". Then I ran into a bunch of friends from Bozeman including Brook Daly and his wife Michele. They where putting their skins on and going for a ski about 2 miles from the summit. That was just enough to encourage me all the way to the top. I certainly dipped into my suitcase of courage on this 30mile climb with 7000ft of climbing. I was slow as ass but I did it and at least I was exercising again! Of course today my glans are all swelled up again and I probably took a step back from recovering fully. This mono bug is a nasty MoFO. check out the awsome picture gallery of the ride at:

http://bigskytri.smugmug.com/gallery/8312917_xmtej#544548804_N8WGu

No comments:

Post a Comment