Sunday, May 31, 2009

Update Sun May 31

Jay is still in pain. I told him last night that he must be doing OK, since he is still able to be cantankerous. His reply? "That's all I can be: Cantankerous." He is not seeing any change in symptoms yet. They are doing more testing today. Surgery is still planned for tomorrow. He will have to be on IV antibiotics after surgery for 6-8 weeks IF he does have an infection on his heart, which is still unclear. He says that last time he had his heart valve replaced he won a half ironman, so maybe he will become even better after this one. Love to all of you, Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jay,

    This is Karen from Wildhorse Creek in Bozeman. Last June I had undergone open-heart surgery for the second time too. This time they had to repair two valves. I went through the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, AZ. I am still healing slowly and regaining my aerobic strength. I guess you know the routine too. I know that is no consolation for facing this surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers! I wish you the best.....

    Karen LeFebre bigskytri@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete