Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Bozeman Bike weekend!



Back in Billings this past week brought the Tangle at the Briarwood. the big member/guest golf tourney. This year my friend Kevin from Chicago came in to fill in for my Dad. A 20 Handicaper Kevin and I were fired up to do as well as possible. unfortunately, we did not finish in the money but we did have our moments. on the second day we fired a 27(9under) best ball score on the back nine. However, the fireworks did come to a close and we began to sputter. It was fun but as golf always is, frustrating as well. Thanks Kevin for a great time and effort!

also this past weekend was Chloe's 4th B-day. Sarah planned a great party with mega kids and fun crafts and games. good times had by all, check out the pictures at the following link:

http://bigskytri.smugmug.com/gallery/9082781_rTwQD#604890067_nHXvK

back to fitness--- Track practice on Weds at 6pm(west HS) and TT practice at the Harley Davidson on Thursday at 6pm will get back into my schedule this week, I also plan on being at masters swim in the Am on Weds and Friday as well.

This weekend I am inviting anyone who is willing to join me for a weekend of epic riding from my Cabin outside of Bozeman. I plan on going up on Friday afternoon and the plan is now to:

Saturday morning starting at 10am from the Cabin or 10:30 at the trailhead, ride the Bangtail trail loop( approx 30miles) ride time usually around 5-5:30 hrs, the ride is not too technical but does have a bunch of climbing including Grassy mtn --approx 1hr, we plan on having a lunch break at the 1/2 way mark and the intensity will not be too hard for me anyway since I am coming back slowly and still only have a 32 Hemocrit level. after the ride some relaxing with beer and bbq on the back porch with one of the best views in Montana!-- if you plan on coming bring some provisions( I will have all the sides and also plenty of other) we may shoot some weapons of the back porch per usual, spin some vinyl and have a general good time! I can sleep around 6-8 folks depending on who wants to get cousy, The next day on Sunday I plan on doing the long loop on the road( from my place we will loop going through Wilsal, Clyde Park, Livingston and back up the canyon, total of 80miles or 5hrs! then it will be back to our cabin were we will do it all again! So if you are interested in a great weekend of riding let me know if you are making the trip and I will send you directions to the cabin.

see you on the trails/roads

Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment