Thursday, June 4, 2009

more hospital time

Day 5 at Northwestern memorial and another day of medical teams( nuero,heart,infectious etc..) coming through room 1407 like the morning train. Today also brought the usual battery of tests. Today another CT scan trying to figure out the elevated liver numbers, yet another spinal tap( they like to call these lumbar punctures) I guess to much reference to the classic rock spoof! and the more permanent IV line called a PIC that takes the line clear inside my body near my heart( so I can travel with it) all very pleasant. who wouldn't want to be here vs. sunny Montana! the results of all the tests are still being looked over and thought through. The preliminary results are showing that I may have had a blood infection that may of caused my symptoms and a positive heart echo, also a possible virus that may of caused a small stroke. anyway it is still unclear but for now they have the meds working well on the pain and I am able to do things like type and talk to you all! I have to say all of this has stirred up some old relationships and that is always a good thing. times like these make me mad at myself that I don't keep up with old friends. I may be coming home on the weekend( cross my fingers if they can figure out how to keep my head pain in check. looking forward to getting back to montana. Thanks again for all the support I have received from all of you!

Jay

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, Jay. Yes, it's the relationship that in the end matter of everything else. From reading the comments over the past week, you have touched many people. Crossing my fingers you will be able to come home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling good enough to write. Jon and I have been keeping tabs on you all week and praying for your speedy recovery. Maybe you'll be back in Montana soon. Take care of yourself.
    Jo Adamson

    ReplyDelete